Women choose to enhance their breasts for many reasons but not everyone is a suitable candidate for breast augmentation. It is important to understand exactly what is involved with the breast augmentation procedure and have reasonable expectations of the outcome. You must also be aware of the breast augmentation risks and side effects and know what your options are should they arise. During your initial consultation at one of the clinics in Mexico, your plastic surgeon will discuss these issues with you to ensure that you are a good candidate for breast augmentation.
Here are some things to think about while trying to work out if getting breast implants is right for you:
Reasons for Breast Augmentation
- You have smaller breasts as a result of your genes but desire a larger bust
- Your breasts are not symmetrical and one breast is a different size or shape
- Your breasts are not as firm as they used to be as a result of the aging process
- Having children and breast feeding has left you with droopy or saggy breasts
Although breast augmentation will help to enhance your appearance, increase your confidence and give you the full profile you desire, it will not change who you are. The attitude you have towards yourself and your body may become more positive after your implants but it is important to have realistic expectations about the procedure and what it can and can’t do for you as an individual.
Who Should Not Have Breast Augmentation
- Women with unrealistic expectations of breast augmentation results
- Women who are generally dissatisfied with their bodies
- Women who are pressured into having surgery by people around them
- Women who are unhealthy and live unhealthy lifestyles
- Women who are unwilling to accept the risks and side effects involved with breast augmentation
Who is an Ideal Candidate for Breast Augmentation
- A healthy adult who has researched breast augmentation and is well informed about the results, risks and side effects as well as the capabilities and limitations of breast implants
- Someone who has realistic expectations of the outcome of the surgery
- A woman who is emotionally well adjusted, has a healthy diet and exercises regularly
Teenagers and Breast Augmentation
Teenagers are not generally regarded as ideal candidates for breast augmentation because their breasts are still developing. It is very difficult to determine if a teenage girl needs breast implants and most plastic surgeons feel more comfortable performing surgery on developed young women who are at least in their early 20’s. Teenagers are also likely to be unhappy with their body for other reasons and these issues are often naturally resolved as they mature.
Get a FREE quote for Breast Implants
Once you click the button you will receive your quote in your email within a few minutes and we will never spam you.