Over the last 20 years, surgical advancements have been made in the area of breast augmentation and the procedure has been refined. These days it is possible to get natural looking, full breasts that feel the same as breasts without breast implants.
There are many choices you can make regarding breast implant size or shape, the type of implants that will be used and if they are smooth or textured breast implants. Before your surgery, your plastic surgeon will discuss the breast augmentation procedure with you and explain where the incisions will be made and where the breast implants will be placed. Your anatomy and your desired outcome will be factors in these decisions. In virtually all respects, the breast augmentation procedure in Mexico is the same as that in the US.
High-Tech Breast Implant Procedure
Breast implants are inserted using one of four different types of incisions:
- Periareolar (areola or nipple incision) – incision is placed along the outline of the areola
- Transaxillary (transax or armpit incision) – incision is placed in the folds of the skin of the armpit
- Inframammary (crease or fold incision) – incision is placed under the breast where the breast and chest meet
- Bellybutton (transumbilical, navel or TUBA incision) – incision is made within the bellybutton
Breast implants are inserted in one of the following three locations:
- Subglandular Implant Placement – implant is placed above the muscles in the chest but under the breast tissue
- Partial Submuscular Implant Placement – implant is placed under the breast tissue and partially under the pectoral and chest muscles
- Complete Submuscular Implant Placement – implant is placed completely under the pectoral and chest muscles
Breast surgery is performed on an outpatient basis which means that the patient can return home the same day. In special cases, however, your doctor may advise you to stay overnight in the hospital. The breast surgery itself will take about one to two hours. You will most likely be under general anesthetic but local anesthetic is sometimes an option.
When the surgeon makes the incision he creates a pocket within your breast tissue for the breast implant. The implant is then placed in the space, filled (if it is a saline breast implant) and positioned. Afterwards, the incision is closed up with stitches and taped with surgical tape. You will be able to see the results of your breast augmentation straight away but it may take some time for the swelling and bruising to disappear.
Get a FREE quote for Breast Implants
Once you click the button you will receive your quote in your email within a few minutes and we will never spam you.