Saline (salt solution) breast implants have a number of unique properties that make them appealing to women who want to undergo breast augmentation. Saline implants have an outer shell made of silicone rubber material and the feel of them has been likened to “water balloons.”
Saline (salt solution) filled breast implants are available to women who choose to have their breast augmentation in Mexico. During the consultation with your cosmetic surgeon, you will discuss the best type of saline implant for you and decide on the size and shape.
As with silicone breast implants, there are advantages and disadvantages to using saline implants.
Advantages of Saline Breast Implants
- Saline breast implants come in a variety of shapes, sizes and profiles and can be smooth or textured breast implants
- If saline implants rupture, the saline is absorbed by the body and the rupture quickly becomes noticeable
- Saline implants are filled after they are put in place so they require a smaller incision than silicone gel implants
- If you desire, saline implants can be adjusted after surgery by the doctor who can use a syringe to put in more liquid or take some out
- Saline implants have a very low infection rate
- Saline implants usually cost less than silicone gel filled breast implants
Disadvantages of Saline Breast Implants
- Saline filled implants have a greater tendency to ripple and wrinkle. As a result of this, they are usually placed in the submuscular position (under the breast tissue and partially under the pectoral and chest muscles)
- Saline filled breast implants do not feel as natural as silicone gel filled implants and this is a major deciding factor between the two
Get a FREE quote for Breast Implants
Once you click the button you will receive your quote in your email within a few minutes and we will never spam you.